As most of you know, during a football game last week Bob Costas lectured us po’ goofy Americans about the evils of a “gun culture” and how we need to evolve away from being obsessed with firearms. As soon as I heard that drivel roll off Mr. C’s tongue I ordered another 30/06, a sweet Walther PPK and a custom .416 Rigby turnbolt. Cowabunga, Bob. Thanks for reminding me to buy more guns.
In response to:
In answer to Midfielder2's question about where I was getting my information about the almost complete pacifism of the early church I wrote The authoritative source on early Christian pacifism is "It is not Lawful for me to Fight" by Jean-Michel Hornus, a careful, scholarly, documented history of pacifism in the early church. The Church was mostly pacifist until the fall of Rome when Augustine created the Just War doctrine in part to get Christians to fight the invaders. Christians were being blamed for the fall of Rome because they refused to fight the invaders.
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago