This war doesn't involve only women who have volunteered to serve in our military. It's a real war against all 18-year-old American girls, because for the first time in our nation's history, they will be required to sign up for the draft and be ready for a letter...
There are also a lot military feminists who serve, and who are adamantly in favor of this because they want the promotion opportunities and, overlooking the degree to which they have already benefitted from quotas, affirmative action and lowered standards, cannot accept anything that claims they are unequal or inferior to men. Their emphasis on their own careers itself renders them unfit for commissioned status, and the willingness of male officers to go along with this renders them both unfit for their status and professionally incompetent if they really believe it's a good idea.
The real war against women is the announced plan of the Obama administration, using outgoing Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta as the fall guy, to assign women for the first time in American history to fight our nation's enemies in military ground combat. That's real war with real guns, real bullets and real deaths.
- Washington, Europe getting serious about Russia sanctions over Crimea? Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago