I do not know what quote you are referring to, however Jefferson did say this; "On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." - Jefferson The Founders gave our government and it's people a means to amend our Constitution. If you don't like a part of our Constitution you have every right to attempt to amend it though the legal means provided.
Just a week after the eruption of the Chik-Fil-A controversy, now a bakery in Denver is being picketed and protested and denounced because its owner declined to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple.
This bullying has got to stop -- not only because it's wrong, but because it's un-American. The only way a country as large and heterogenous as ours can survive is if we are willing to tolerate beliefs and assumptions we don't share (trust me, conservatives have to do it every day whenever we turn on MSM or go to the movies). The...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago