I do not know what quote you are referring to, however Jefferson did say this; "On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." - Jefferson The Founders gave our government and it's people a means to amend our Constitution. If you don't like a part of our Constitution you have every right to attempt to amend it though the legal means provided.
Just a week after the eruption of the Chik-Fil-A controversy, now a bakery in Denver is being picketed and protested and denounced because its owner declined to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple.
This bullying has got to stop -- not only because it's wrong, but because it's un-American. The only way a country as large and heterogenous as ours can survive is if we are willing to tolerate beliefs and assumptions we don't share (trust me, conservatives have to do it every day whenever we turn on MSM or go to the movies). The...
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014