Yes, the dreaded “sequester” cuts begin taking effect today, but syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer is reminding Republicans that -- at least for the moment -- they actually have the upper hand politically. During an appearance on “Special Report” last night, he urged Republicans to do two things to expose the Left’s cynical, doomsday scare tactics and curry favor with the public: 1) emphasize that the GOP has indeed offered Senate Democrats and the president “utter discretion” to pick and choose which government programs to cut in lieu of “sequestration” -- which the former rejected and the latter threatened to...
What a hideous "column." Notice Krauthhammer, Doherty, Townhall only emphasize the 'political' and 'budget' impact of the sequester. That is all they can do because their singular job is to misinform and divert attention from the REAL problem: jobs and employment. The continual (and apparent, successful) conflation of 'budget deficit' with 'economic development' only hurts working class Americans, which of course, Townhall doesn't care about since their job is to make oil company and bank executives richer. Sadly, the looney right wing disinformation machine remains in effect. And, oh yes, there is no climate change, and poor people and Barney Frank caused the banks to collapse! Ignorance remains supreme on the right.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago