So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Do you have ANY idea how wrong you are!! What a load of doggy doo. Oh, yes, those POOR bankers were just FORCED to package those phony derivatives! Darn those poor people for (and of course, don't forget Barney Frank!) making those multi-billionaire bankers abuse the system. Why don't you stop babbling and pick up a couple economics and history books. What a clown.
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago