So, remember last summer when the Obama administration unveiled its new plans to completely change requirements to receive welfare, yeah well Republicans are finally taking up efforts again to put a stop to it. This policy “allows states to apply for waivers under the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program, or welfare reform, in order to test new ways to increase employment among welfare recipients.” In essence, that means that a state could make its way around the Welfare to Work policy. Welfare to work requires welfare recipients prove that they are making an effort to find work in order...
In response to:
Like Cal24, you too, fail to provide any specific answers.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Ryan and Murray announce budget deal Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Alan Grayson scammed out of millions…for the second time Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Doom: Obama’s approval hits new low, congressional Dems in trouble in new Quinnipiac poll Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Big Wind wins protection from eagle-death prosecutions, but the production tax credit is still up in the air Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Hot topic in jihadi circles: Is sodomy okay if it’s designed to make space for a bomb? Allahpundit 7 hours ago