Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
AmyDB***Unfortunatly AL this Constitutional republic has been torked, twisted, spindled, bent & mutilated by those with a lust for power & control over others in their hearts. I seriously doubt the founders would recognized the limited form of government they left us. *** I'm always a bit bemused by this point. The Founders had sharp divisions within themselves between those who wanted central government with teeth (Hamilton) and those who had a more dreamy Kantian view of things (Jefferson). Which is fine. There is room for both. But the Founders respected science and they certainly did not think their science would become our theology. Which is what conservatives have tried to do. And I imagine that if you bring ANYONE forward a..
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 10 hours ago