Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
AmyDB***Unfortunatly AL this Constitutional republic has been torked, twisted, spindled, bent & mutilated by those with a lust for power & control over others in their hearts. I seriously doubt the founders would recognized the limited form of government they left us. *** I'm always a bit bemused by this point. The Founders had sharp divisions within themselves between those who wanted central government with teeth (Hamilton) and those who had a more dreamy Kantian view of things (Jefferson). Which is fine. There is room for both. But the Founders respected science and they certainly did not think their science would become our theology. Which is what conservatives have tried to do. And I imagine that if you bring ANYONE forward a..
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 13 minutes ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 3 hours ago