The Republican-held House of Representatives has passed Paul Ryan's FY 2014 budget, as well as the final version of a "continuing resolution" that will fund the federal government through the end of the current fiscal year. The latter item locked into place the reduced spending baseline established by the sequester. It does not defund Obamacare, although the GOP FY 2014 budget does. As I wrote earlier, the House rejected a trio of Democratic alternative budgets yesterday, including the Senate Democrats' offering -- which raises taxes by $1.5 trillion, increases overall...
Petrus:***Well, if they can just print money, why are we paying taxes then? Just print what they need and all will be good... (you do realize what the Central Bank's agenda is globally?*** Because taxes are an anti-inflation agency. Taxation destroys money, just as government spending creates it. Taxes are the way to keep demand aligned to supply. It is kind of funny that you guys are deathly worried about inflation, and yet emotionally-crippled on the one element that keeps inflation in check--taxes.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 12 hours ago