The Republican-held House of Representatives has passed Paul Ryan's FY 2014 budget, as well as the final version of a "continuing resolution" that will fund the federal government through the end of the current fiscal year. The latter item locked into place the reduced spending baseline established by the sequester. It does not defund Obamacare, although the GOP FY 2014 budget does. As I wrote earlier, the House rejected a trio of Democratic alternative budgets yesterday, including the Senate Democrats' offering -- which raises taxes by $1.5 trillion, increases overall...
Petrus:***Well, if they can just print money, why are we paying taxes then? Just print what they need and all will be good... (you do realize what the Central Bank's agenda is globally?*** Because taxes are an anti-inflation agency. Taxation destroys money, just as government spending creates it. Taxes are the way to keep demand aligned to supply. It is kind of funny that you guys are deathly worried about inflation, and yet emotionally-crippled on the one element that keeps inflation in check--taxes.
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 42 mins ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago