Newt and Callista Gingrich's book-signing tour swung through Naples on Sunday and might one day again morph into another turn down the campaign trail. The former Republican presidential candidate and House Speaker said he has not ruled out running for president in 2016 — but first the GOP must take on a "very serious analysis" of what went wrong in 2012, Gingrich said. "I have no idea at...
In response to:
Guy writes: ***So close to being president-elect, and yet so far. How does one come down from getting that tantalizingly close to earning the ultimate brass ring, but falling short? *** I don't think he ever was that close. I think that is an illusion you right-wingers foisted on the media, the public, and yourselves. And I think it is an illusion borne from a basic contempt for people, from a sense that you can treat people like bums, but they will not know any better. For those of us who followed this election rationally, with clear minds and hearts, that quantitative data was pretty clear that Obama had a small but significant lead. And in the end, of course, and despite the economy, he beat Romney more than Bush beat Kerry.
- Ukrainian President warns joint session of Congress of the ‘new Cold War’ Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- Open thread: Will Scotland declare independence? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Syrian rebels openly admit: We’re going to use America’s money to fight Assad, not just ISIS Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- VA: Actually, those secret wait lists did have something to do with the deaths Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 3 hours ago