Newt and Callista Gingrich's book-signing tour swung through Naples on Sunday and might one day again morph into another turn down the campaign trail. The former Republican presidential candidate and House Speaker said he has not ruled out running for president in 2016 — but first the GOP must take on a "very serious analysis" of what went wrong in 2012, Gingrich said. "I have no idea at...
In response to:
Guy writes: ***So close to being president-elect, and yet so far. How does one come down from getting that tantalizingly close to earning the ultimate brass ring, but falling short? *** I don't think he ever was that close. I think that is an illusion you right-wingers foisted on the media, the public, and yourselves. And I think it is an illusion borne from a basic contempt for people, from a sense that you can treat people like bums, but they will not know any better. For those of us who followed this election rationally, with clear minds and hearts, that quantitative data was pretty clear that Obama had a small but significant lead. And in the end, of course, and despite the economy, he beat Romney more than Bush beat Kerry.
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 43 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago