You guys seem to be confused about a basic point: there is a fundamental inertia in politics, regardless of the system, between private wealth and public authority. This inertia exists in the natural universe and must be actively resisted. Now, the Founders of our republic gave us the means to combat this inertia, but it takes will and wisdom. Free market libertarianism does not have that will and wisdom. Oligarchs hide behind libertarian sentiments to accrue greater and greater wealth and power. So while you may CLAIM that your worldview has not been tried, in fact, it has been dominant, and owing to the fact it is ill-conceived ..
Under President Obama the participation rate in the food stamp program has skyrocketed—one in seven Americans now receives food stamps. To keep up with the demands of the burgeoning program, spending has thus “doubled from roughly $39 billion in 2008 to an estimated $85 billion in 2012,” and nearly quadrupled since 2000. According to Heritage, “Today, the food stamps program is one of the largest and the fastest growing of the roughly 80 welfare programs funded by the federal government.” With that said, brace yourself for Breitbart’s findings: “The number of individuals on food stamps now exceeds the...
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago