Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 31 mins ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama overrules Senate, declares CIA’s Bush-era tactics ‘torture’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago