On Oct. 19, 2009, Deputy Attorney General David Ogden released a memo that instructed the Department of Justice not to focus federal resources "on individuals whose actions are in clear and unambiguous compliance with existing state laws providing for the medical use of marijuana."...
Like a lot of Californians, Stockton businessman Matt Davies, 34, expected that when Barack Obama was elected in 2008, the new administration would not prosecute medical marijuana dispensaries operating under a law passed by California voters in 1996. After all, as a candidate, Obama contended that he saw federal enforcement against medical marijuana as a waste of resources.
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 18 hours ago