On Oct. 19, 2009, Deputy Attorney General David Ogden released a memo that instructed the Department of Justice not to focus federal resources "on individuals whose actions are in clear and unambiguous compliance with existing state laws providing for the medical use of marijuana."...
Like a lot of Californians, Stockton businessman Matt Davies, 34, expected that when Barack Obama was elected in 2008, the new administration would not prosecute medical marijuana dispensaries operating under a law passed by California voters in 1996. After all, as a candidate, Obama contended that he saw federal enforcement against medical marijuana as a waste of resources.
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago