I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
Ron Paul - the Conscience of the House - farewell and thanks for your service.
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 11 mins ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Dems accuse David Perdue of signing girl’s “torso.” Was signing insulin pump Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quinnipiac poll: Udall not gaining on Gardner in the home stretch Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House: Obama didn’t really mean it when he said a vote for Nunn is a vote for a Dem majority Noah Rothman 3 hours ago