I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
Cons say that WikiLeaks "proves" that Saddam had WMDs. Cons say WikiLeaks Man is a TRAITOR! Cons are hysterically hypocritical.
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 12 mins ago
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago