I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
“The measure of the state's success is that the word "anarchy" frightens people, while the word "state" does not.” ? Joseph Sobran Keep up the good work "conservatives"...
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 27 mins ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Scarborough thinks Hillary’s lack of competition is what will hurt her Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago