I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
“The measure of the state's success is that the word "anarchy" frightens people, while the word "state" does not.” ? Joseph Sobran Keep up the good work "conservatives"...
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 2 hours ago