I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
“The measure of the state's success is that the word "anarchy" frightens people, while the word "state" does not.” ? Joseph Sobran Keep up the good work "conservatives"...
- Income-inequality warrior to earn $225,000 per year for doing nothing in particular about income inequality Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- Is Kickstarter kicking out pro-life projects? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 3 hours ago