I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
“The measure of the state's success is that the word "anarchy" frightens people, while the word "state" does not.” ? Joseph Sobran Keep up the good work "conservatives"...
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 49 mins ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Mitt Romney takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 4 hours ago