I’m sure by now regular readers are well aware that Texas Congressman Ron Paul is serving out his 12th -- and final -- term in the House of Representatives and will soon retire from public life. Somewhat unexpectedly, however, during his humble and moving final speech on the House floor a few days ago, I was surprised to hear him speak, among other things, about his “failure” to rein in the size and scope of government during his long and distinguished political career. To some extent this is undoubtedly true -- after all, the United States is headed straight...
In response to:
Ron Paul's predictions on the House floor on CSPAN from 2002: http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2012/07/ron_pauls_predictions_from_200.html I'd say it's amazing but all Paul did was pay attention to history and human nature.
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 8 minutes ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago