Yep. Leave it to the churches where it belongs.
Conventional wisdom argues that opposition to gay marriage hurt Republicans in the recent election cycle, but nothing in the numbers suggests that this is true.
In the four liberal states where advocates for same-sex marriage won their victories, the redefinition of marriage proved much less popular than Barack Obama. In Maryland, for instance, Obama cruised to victory with 62 percent of the vote, but same-sex marriage squeaked by with just 52 percent. In other words, more than one out of six of Obama supporters voted with Republicans, not their fellow Democrats, against same sex marriage.
In Maryland, Maine, Washington...
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 31 mins ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 3 hours ago