Yep. Leave it to the churches where it belongs.
Conventional wisdom argues that opposition to gay marriage hurt Republicans in the recent election cycle, but nothing in the numbers suggests that this is true.
In the four liberal states where advocates for same-sex marriage won their victories, the redefinition of marriage proved much less popular than Barack Obama. In Maryland, for instance, Obama cruised to victory with 62 percent of the vote, but same-sex marriage squeaked by with just 52 percent. In other words, more than one out of six of Obama supporters voted with Republicans, not their fellow Democrats, against same sex marriage.
In Maryland, Maine, Washington...
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 28 minutes ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago