Every Republican knows another Republican who agrees with them on 99% of the issues, yet will attack them relentlessly over the 1% of issues they disagree upon. Instead of uniting against the left, these busybodies waste countless hours criticizing other Republicans. They will frequently do it under the ruse of being the “true conservatives,” claiming that anyone who does not agree with them is not conservative enough. Yet the 1% of issues they disagree with others on are often arbitrarily decided and not legitimate issues. Mitt Romney was criticized for being too moderate of a Republican presidential candidate, yet he ran...
Rachel, you've been listening to Hugh Hewitt for far, far too long. No one can tell you what Mitt held (holds) as a core value, other than "I'm not Obama". Conservative Republicans, as opposed to Republican Conservatives, have always proudly been the Party to manage Demo-Left proposals...and poorly. Also the Party to be far, far too tasteful to debate substantive issues - illegal immigration, gun-control, political corruption (both parties), term limits - in public and never so gauche as to even mention principles and values.
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago