Every Republican knows another Republican who agrees with them on 99% of the issues, yet will attack them relentlessly over the 1% of issues they disagree upon. Instead of uniting against the left, these busybodies waste countless hours criticizing other Republicans. They will frequently do it under the ruse of being the “true conservatives,” claiming that anyone who does not agree with them is not conservative enough. Yet the 1% of issues they disagree with others on are often arbitrarily decided and not legitimate issues. Mitt Romney was criticized for being too moderate of a Republican presidential candidate, yet he ran...
Rachel, you've been listening to Hugh Hewitt for far, far too long. No one can tell you what Mitt held (holds) as a core value, other than "I'm not Obama". Conservative Republicans, as opposed to Republican Conservatives, have always proudly been the Party to manage Demo-Left proposals...and poorly. Also the Party to be far, far too tasteful to debate substantive issues - illegal immigration, gun-control, political corruption (both parties), term limits - in public and never so gauche as to even mention principles and values.
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago