Coburn details a $27 million U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) program for pottery classes in Morocco. The program, which has a questionable premise in the first place, was doomed due to incompetence and mismanagement....
In response to:
Years ago people on assistance could get a landline if they met certain criteria, such as poor health, being elderly, having young children in the home, etc. But they were limited to dial tone only. No extra features like call waiting, call ID,or voicemail. In fact, they could not even have touchtone back when there was an extra charge for it. I know this because I used to work for Ma Bell back in the day. We certainly have come a long way, haven't we?
Senator Tom Coburn released the Wastebook 2012 today detailing the 100 most egregious wastes of taxpayer money. The two hundred page report details waste in all manner of federal spending - from multi-billion dollar programs all the way down to a $300 grant to a small-town library for a Star Wars-themed event. It's emblematic of the waste found everywhere in the federal budget.
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 30 minutes ago
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- WaPo columnist: Home ownership is a lousy investment Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: IRS agents who didn’t pay their taxes get $1 million in bonuses Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Most popular guy in the Party of Fair Share to endorse tax cheat for 23rd term Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago