Who'll Build the Roads?

amackent Wrote: Jul 16, 2014 2:47 PM
My way or the highway - except you can't have a highway.

Cleveland, no need to swoon over the RNC

amackent Wrote: Jul 14, 2014 3:44 PM
Perchance did you mean 'flammable' river.
I disagree. Big government Republicans make me look bad. They are worse than Democrats and need to go. The behavior of the NRSC in this episode cannot be tolerated. I don't believe in sitting out elections, but I'd strongly consider voting for anyone by Thad in this one.
No, slimeball politicians give everyone a bad name. Better a democrat that tells you what they're going to do to you than a liar. Big government republicans are worse than big government democrats because they give all of us a bad name. He needs to go.
I guess it makes for interesting drama. Maybe Obama will change his stripes and respect a court opinion, but there is nothing the house or the judiciary can do to force him to comply with any ruling. The executive branch is the enforcer so if the house really has a problem with Obama's actions, they have to impeach.

My Free Speech College Entrance Exam

amackent Wrote: Jun 24, 2014 12:47 PM
I also agree with the 1st response to your post. You've quoted the perfect one line analysis of his post above, but you either refuse to understand it or simply cannot. The test is designed to weed out those who make decisions based on emotion rather than principle. Those who would give up liberty for safety or even worse, good feelings. Yes, even white males can talk about abortion and racism. Get over it.
I'm supposed to be heading out to Colorado next week to move my parents out. I'm wondering if maybe we shouldn't just leave everything and beeline the heck out of town. From the sounds of it teenagers out there are spray shooting the neighborhoods willy nilly. Seems to me that if that is the case, I'd want a Governor who doesn't ignore and bald face lie to their face over and over again. There's just soooo many things wrong with this whole discussion.

Ted Cruz: Who the Heck is Peter King?

amackent Wrote: Jun 18, 2014 6:41 PM
Here's to having no friends in Washington! Senator Cruz may be the only one in that cesspool who knows who his constituents are. Cruz in 2016!!!

Wrong Lessons from Cantor Defeat

amackent Wrote: Jun 13, 2014 5:10 PM
Keep telling yourself that and we'll have to blow up the entire party. There is one clear message from Cantor's defeat. We won't tolerate any type of legalization of illegal immigrants. We don't want any part of what is now referred to as comprehensive immigration reform. We want the current laws enforced. We want an end to illegal immigration and visa overstays. If anything, we'd like to make legal immigration more efficient, but overall rates should be lowered especially from Central America. We are not buying anything the Chamber of Commerce or Cantor were selling!

Amnesty Lite Is Still Amnesty

amackent Wrote: Jun 13, 2014 8:23 AM
I'd say that multiple reforms could be bundled into a package that one could call comprehensive, but any package including any form of legalization for those breaking our immigration laws is rightfully called amnesty and cannot be tolerated. No one respects our laws because we don't respect them ourselves. Until that changes, there's no point in talking about anything.
It would be interesting to see more background regarding the survey itself and how much it changed over time, but the dynamic graph over time is fascinating. More so than ever, there is a clear differentiation between the parties which I think is a good thing. It should be easier than ever to argue on principles. Republican squishes need to figure out who they are and choose a side. Democrats need to come to terms with the fact that they are no friend of freedom or liberty and really only stand for nanny state big government.