As if Congress needed any more obstacles to resolving the fiscal cliff (and the expiring continuing resolution, and the looming debt limit), a brewing fight over filibuster rules in the Senate threatens to obliterate the upper chamber's traditional comity that has greased the skids of compromise for generations. We've been covering this particular controversy over recent weeks -- and dating back years, really -- so feel free to brush up on what's at stake and why both sides are digging in their heels. Cliffs Notes version: Harry Reid is an obtuse and tyrannical majority leader, whose strong-arm...
In response to:
Whatever you think of Harry Reid, I wouldn't want to see the Dems using the filibuster against Republicans the way it's being used today. I think if someone wants to filibuster, they shouldn't be able to do it in secret. They should have to stand up and take responsibility. Go back to the Mr. Smith Goes to Washington rules in which you have to hold to floor to filibuster.
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 22 mins ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago