It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
Not too shappy to be "Poor". Of course, this puts a recipient well past the poverty line. Afterall, $168.00 per day for 365 days is over $61,000.00 per year. So can we still call them "Poor"?
- Obama administration routs scourge of ISIS pink cookies in schools Jazz Shaw 57 mins ago
- Was the Aurora theater shooting “foreseeable” by owners? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago