It's a problem of his own making. He decided that beating up on illegal immigrants would boost his popularity among those suspicious that he was really a moderate Republican. In doing so, he injected an issue into the campaign that had largely fizzled -- and for good reason. Illegal immigration is down to historical lows -- primarily because the U.S. economy continues...
Regardless of policy there will be an illegal problem so long as the standard of living in the US is higher than that in surrounding nations, individual wealth is redistributed by the government, and there are only relatively minor consequences if one is caught. The only permanent solution is to raise the standard of living in those countries. Those sneaking into the US should stay home and work for change. The grass is greener on this side only because we worked to make it greener. It will only be greener on the other side when those sneaking through the fence decide to stay home and work to make it greener. Sorry Linda, you are way off base in your thinking.
If Mitt Romney is to have any chance of beating President Barack Obama in November, he must win a larger share of the Hispanic vote than current polls suggest he will. And he won't unless he solves his immigration problem.
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 36 minutes ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago