I believe, however—and I could be wrong—that the reason some rage against the machine is that they hate God and love their sin, and bringing up Jesus in...
Aw, c'mon Doug. Enough of the bloody shirt waving. All of the puny attacks by militant atheists (perhaps 50 of them and their Harvard lawyers) make not a scratch on the true Christmas holy day, compared to the crass commercialization of the event by capitalists of all faiths. Face the truth Doug. American Christians let the money changers into the Temple themselves and debased their own holy time way before the shrill whining of a few atheist beeches. To the vast majority of Americans, Christmas is all about superficial religious celebration and consumption, just like July 4th is all about superficial patriotism and vacation. Scapegoating "atheists" in or people of other beliefs is not going to put that genie back in the bottle.
Why do some atheists embarrass themselves year after year trying to eradicate Christmas from American culture? Why do they make themselves societal hemorrhoids during this hallowed season? Is it because they are crusaders for equality, secularism’s saviors and humanism’s heroes? I’m sure that’s what they tell themselves when they’re pouting on their couches all alone on Christmas Eve after every single one of their friends has dumped them for being a rabid jackass.
- Brave cat jumps from fiery collapsing building, saves no one but himself Mary Katharine Ham 21 mins ago
- D.C. cabs companies blame ride-sharing for loss of revenue Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 3 hours ago