I get it. New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is not a perfect conservative -- far from it, in fact. His embrace of the president during Hurricane Sandy's aftermath was overly effusive, even if it aligned with his bipartisan, results-oriented brand. His decision to accept Obamacare's Medicaid expansion after blasting it as a form of "extortion" is a hypocritical, government-growing mistake. His cautious hedging on gun control rankles...
James Madison wrote in Federalist No. 45 that "The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government, are FEW AND DEFINED. Those which are to remain in the State governments are NUMEROUS AND INDEFINITE." What would our fourth President have thought of Obamacare and Chritie's new found love for this legislation? Despite what Chief Justice Roberts and the liberal Supremes ruled last year, I think it is clear that Madison, the "Father of the Constitution," would have viewed Obamacare as toxic to the Founding Document and to our nation. Christie has now thrown in the towel and embraced Obamacare. He is not good for either the GOP or America, not unless you want tyranny that is.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 12 hours ago