One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Still unable to put together a coherent respons, RG!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago