One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Hey DevilDog: Do you want to start with the 5 Tillion tax cut and how it will decrease the deficit? or, do you prefer to talk about the lie that Romney's health care alternative will include coverage for pre-existing condition? Or, how about the lie that President Obama doubled the deficit? Or, that Obamacare will result in 20 million Americans losing their health insurance? Or, the lie that Obamacare will destroy the job amrket? Which lie would you prefer to start with?
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago