The Republican controlled Michigan legislature passed right-to-work legislation late Tuesday morning as union members loudly protested inside and outside of the Capitol in Lansing. Michigan Democrat Rep. Douglas Geiss threatened on the House floor this morning "there would be blood" if the legislation passed. Riot police have been on the scene since early this morning bracing for violence.
The Michigan House Democrats reiterated their threat on their Twitter page, but have since deleted it.
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 38 minutes ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago