The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
I for one am getting really, really, really tired of the status quo, and Jeb represents just that. I would be inclined to support an Allen West or Rand Paul. We need some substantive change and that is not Jeb Bush.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 13 hours ago