The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
I for one am getting really, really, really tired of the status quo, and Jeb represents just that. I would be inclined to support an Allen West or Rand Paul. We need some substantive change and that is not Jeb Bush.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 51 minutes ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 4 hours ago