The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
I for one am getting really, really, really tired of the status quo, and Jeb represents just that. I would be inclined to support an Allen West or Rand Paul. We need some substantive change and that is not Jeb Bush.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 7 hours ago