Time and again, children with some American Indian ancestry, who have been adopted by families that are not of that ancestry, have been suddenly taken by law from...
Seems to me that the Supreme Court answered a question that was not asked in their ObamaCare decision. Specifically, they said there is no difference between taxing our actions and taxing our LACK of actions. Heretofor, government has taxed only our actions, e.g. our earned income, our USE of things like airlines, gasoline, cars, phone service, tobacco, alcohol, land - whatever. Now federal, state and local governments have been granted the right, authority, suggestion - whatever you call it - to tax our NOT doing anything they think we should do. A whole new ability to limit our freedom has been allowed as constitutional - FRIGHTENING!!! We must vet our candidates for office at all levels MUCH better going forward...
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 47 mins ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago