The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
I'll believe the Feds are truly interested in 'health' when they're equally willing to show photographs of aborted children in pamphlets promoting abortion. In the meantime, if the 'contents of a woman's womb' is off limits, so too are the contents of my pantry, and the shelves of the grocery stores I patronize. Geez, how DID our ancestors ever manage to survive without the Federal Government sticking its nose into the covered wagons...?
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 22 minutes ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago