The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
I'll believe the Feds are truly interested in 'health' when they're equally willing to show photographs of aborted children in pamphlets promoting abortion. In the meantime, if the 'contents of a woman's womb' is off limits, so too are the contents of my pantry, and the shelves of the grocery stores I patronize. Geez, how DID our ancestors ever manage to survive without the Federal Government sticking its nose into the covered wagons...?
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 52 minutes ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago