I am so grateful I belong to a confessional Lutheran church which does not buy in to all the sappy feel-good 'theology' of the 'Seeker'-centered 'churches'. We can go any Sunday of the year knowing we will hear of Christ and Him crucified and risen again-and worship is as much about our receiving His gifts to us of Word and Sacrament as it is the opportunity to give public thanks for those gifts. Unfortunately we do have a 'contemporary' service that thank God every one of our kids rejected. The Gospel is Truth to be proclaimed, not a thing to painted up and paraded on the streets. It, and we, are 'not of this world'-and it's time those of my brethren in the Faith understood that we are NOT to do the Holy Spirit's job for Him, especially by pandering to the latest fads in music or stagecraft.
- Hawaii Democrat backs travel ban, denounces politicization of the issue Noah Rothman 26 mins ago
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Age of Enlightenment: NY university offering training for couples on how to break up Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Michele Bachmann must be doing something right if ISIS is after her Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- The worst political ad ever? Or the most awesome? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago