"In 1960, two-thirds (68%) of all twenty-somethings were married. In 2008, just 26% were." "To get a sense of how different attitudes were in the 1960s, perhaps this will do it. (M)arried women were asked, ‘In your opinion, do you think it is all right for a woman to have sexual relations before marriage...
Divorce IS too easy. It's hardest on the kids (I know-I come from a divorced home). And here I thought you liberals were all about 'the children'. I think couples who don't have children should be able to dissolve their marriages with less difficulty than if there are children involved-that is when I believe the concept of fault should be reinstated. Too often it IS the wife who initiates the proceedings, and the feminista attorneys and courts treat the men as if they were cash cows; almost as if in retribution for all the years of 'oppression' the women in this country have supposedly suffered.
It's no secret that marriage has been in decline in America, but most people don't realize how quickly it has been crumbling. The numbers are staggering and the sea change in attitude that has gone along with them would shock previous generations of Americans.
- CBS poll: GOP lead in generic Congressional ballot similar to final 2010 poll Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Less than a week before the midterms, Obama backs off deportations of illegal immigrants Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago