The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
Semi-coma?? Good God what are you, stupid or something? I've carried four children to term. I assure you, they were NEVER in a semi-comatose state. They slept, they hiccuped, they moved, and rolled, and tumbled. They reacted to loud noises, responded when poked by myself, a sibling, or my husband. When lying down I once saw my youngest son leap and in so doing make my lower abdomen bump up before I was even 'showing'. Those kids were never any different after birth than before. They were never at any time anything 'alien' or 'other'. All were and are precious to my husband and myself. I suggest you read a biology book sometime.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago