The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
Semi-coma?? Good God what are you, stupid or something? I've carried four children to term. I assure you, they were NEVER in a semi-comatose state. They slept, they hiccuped, they moved, and rolled, and tumbled. They reacted to loud noises, responded when poked by myself, a sibling, or my husband. When lying down I once saw my youngest son leap and in so doing make my lower abdomen bump up before I was even 'showing'. Those kids were never any different after birth than before. They were never at any time anything 'alien' or 'other'. All were and are precious to my husband and myself. I suggest you read a biology book sometime.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago