The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
Semi-coma?? Good God what are you, stupid or something? I've carried four children to term. I assure you, they were NEVER in a semi-comatose state. They slept, they hiccuped, they moved, and rolled, and tumbled. They reacted to loud noises, responded when poked by myself, a sibling, or my husband. When lying down I once saw my youngest son leap and in so doing make my lower abdomen bump up before I was even 'showing'. Those kids were never any different after birth than before. They were never at any time anything 'alien' or 'other'. All were and are precious to my husband and myself. I suggest you read a biology book sometime.
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 49 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 13 hours ago