After a few weeks spent tracking down and questioning pollsters and the reporters of polls, I can assure the reader that pollsters are the modern-day alchemists. They promise to turn numbers into predictive gold. We'd all like to believe these magical powers exist, but we shouldn't. The pollsters of 2012 just don't know who is going to win in November any more than did the pollsters of 1980 know that Ronald Reagan was headed towards a landslide in that late-breaking year.
But you seem to forget that Regan, HW Bush, and Kennedy turned their races around in the last week before the election. So I would not discount Romney just yet.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago