During the months leading up to the passage of Obamacare, Sarah Palin was mocked and excoriated for her use of the term "death panels" to describe the comparative effectiveness approach embraced by architects of the legislation. Granted, the phrase sounds a bit hyperbolic, and downright macabre. Who could possibly be in favor of faceless bureaucrats making life and death decisions for the sick and dying? Mrs. Palin was just appealing to the fear and ignorance of America's Bible-thumping, gun-clinging know-nothings in flyover country. Right? A majority of the world's nations employ some kind of single-payer, government-run health care system, and they...
Here is Connor’s point: Let parents and patients decide when it is time to die, not government death panels.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago