Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
VDH complains about regulations hurting agriculture, but wants to send their workforce back to Mexico. Who's thinking like a blind elite walled up in Shangri-la?
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago