The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
What's straight out of Hollywood is the notion that taking away weapons and what not from an already huge private arsenal is going to make a difference. It won't of course - the gun grabber rationale is merely an ideological one that is so far removed from an actual solution it's actually laughable. Unless the government succeeds in confiscating all our guns, restricting the sale of certain guns and other magazines will do nothing since we have now, in anticipation of whatever law might come out, even more semi-automatic rifles and other and large magazines! What are school need is actual protection, yes as Obama's kids also enjoy protection from armed guards at their school.So it's OK for the elite ruling class but not the common folk?
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 14 hours ago