Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
I've been chuckling at some of the polygamy jabs aimed at Mormons like myself. I've decided to break my silence and make a comment. You know, every now and then, I am tempted to get polygamy legalized just so we can finally be guilty of what we are constantly charged with. The truth is, polygamy is not really a common topic of discussion among Mormons. We only end up talking about it when it becomes a topic in the press. Many here have more of a fixation on it than we do.
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 3 minutes ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago