The IPCC is wrong, but by being too conservative in the rate of increasing Climate Chaos (and yes that is the best description). For example, the ice floating in the Arctic Ocean is shrinking MUCH faster than they predicted. The summer minimum for 2012 was 1/3rd the area and about a fifth of the volume of the late 1970s/early 1980s (when good satellite data was available). http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/files/2013/10/Figure3_Sept2013_trend.png The jet stream is caused by just two factors, the rotation of the earth (unchanged) and the temperature difference between the Arctic and further south. A warmer Arctic (undeniable by those that look at facts) means a weaker jet stream. In mid-summer, the jet stream used to push weather systems in & out every month or so. Now, the weather we have in early summer tends to stay all summer long - absent a major hurricane. Eh, Texas ? The weird combination of a tropical hurricane and a nor'easter made Super Storm Sandy. This was not caused by the jet stream, but allowed by the new weaker jet stream. The weaker jet stream was in an unusual hair-pin loop over Greenland which allowed and guided the merger. Just because humans are imperfect in predicting every detail (example, underestimating Arctic Ocean ice melt) does *NOT* mean than humans are not permanently altering our Climate forever. Humanity is forcing a rapid change and the change will be chaotic. Remember, there are no "Do Overs' or going back to what we remember as children. It is just a matter of how fast and chaotically we change.
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 38 minutes ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 3 hours ago