The IPCC is wrong, but by being too conservative in the rate of increasing Climate Chaos (and yes that is the best description). For example, the ice floating in the Arctic Ocean is shrinking MUCH faster than they predicted. The summer minimum for 2012 was 1/3rd the area and about a fifth of the volume of the late 1970s/early 1980s (when good satellite data was available). http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/files/2013/10/Figure3_Sept2013_trend.png The jet stream is caused by just two factors, the rotation of the earth (unchanged) and the temperature difference between the Arctic and further south. A warmer Arctic (undeniable by those that look at facts) means a weaker jet stream. In mid-summer, the jet stream used to push weather systems in & out every month or so. Now, the weather we have in early summer tends to stay all summer long - absent a major hurricane. Eh, Texas ? The weird combination of a tropical hurricane and a nor'easter made Super Storm Sandy. This was not caused by the jet stream, but allowed by the new weaker jet stream. The weaker jet stream was in an unusual hair-pin loop over Greenland which allowed and guided the merger. Just because humans are imperfect in predicting every detail (example, underestimating Arctic Ocean ice melt) does *NOT* mean than humans are not permanently altering our Climate forever. Humanity is forcing a rapid change and the change will be chaotic. Remember, there are no "Do Overs' or going back to what we remember as children. It is just a matter of how fast and chaotically we change.
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago