Scalia’s dissent, at least on first quick perusal, reads like it was originally written as a majority opinion http://lsolum.typepad.com/legaltheory/2012/06/evidence-that-the-votes-shifted-after-conference-initial-vote-to-declare-mandate-unconstitutional.html (in particular, he consistently refers to Justice Ginsburg’s opinion as “The Dissent”). Back in May, there were rumors floating around relevant legal circles that a key vote was taking place, and that Roberts was feeling tremendous pressure from unidentified circles to vote to uphold the...
In response to:
On another note, absolutely NOTHING else could have re-energized the Tea Party like this shameful decision. There's hope, but the REPUBS better stick to their guns on this one. It is the biggest increase in the history of the Republic (as Rush reminded us today) and its result will be worse care and waiting lines for life-saving procedures. This, along with the unemployment rate, needs to be HAMMERED in every ad from now til Election Day.
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 49 mins ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago