Scalia’s dissent, at least on first quick perusal, reads like it was originally written as a majority opinion http://lsolum.typepad.com/legaltheory/2012/06/evidence-that-the-votes-shifted-after-conference-initial-vote-to-declare-mandate-unconstitutional.html (in particular, he consistently refers to Justice Ginsburg’s opinion as “The Dissent”). Back in May, there were rumors floating around relevant legal circles that a key vote was taking place, and that Roberts was feeling tremendous pressure from unidentified circles to vote to uphold the...
In response to:
Hey A-hole, I have read most of TR's 20+ volumes, I happen to be a historian. Have you? TR said this in 1898, he turned "progressive" in 1912, in any event that is irrelevant to the quote. Now go back and read some history. (PS if you think that TR would back the 'progressives' of today, you don't know him very well. After his presidency, in response to anarcho-leftist protest in NYC, he commented that if he had a handful of his Rough Riders with rifles, he could end these protests in no time.) And since when do conservative posters on this site cite the Huffington Post as an authority. Time to go back to school for remedial history, young man.
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Lundergan Grimes: Iron Dome is great for keeping Hamas from tunneling into Israel Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago