Scalia’s dissent, at least on first quick perusal, reads like it was originally written as a majority opinion http://lsolum.typepad.com/legaltheory/2012/06/evidence-that-the-votes-shifted-after-conference-initial-vote-to-declare-mandate-unconstitutional.html (in particular, he consistently refers to Justice Ginsburg’s opinion as “The Dissent”). Back in May, there were rumors floating around relevant legal circles that a key vote was taking place, and that Roberts was feeling tremendous pressure from unidentified circles to vote to uphold the...
In response to:
Hey A-hole, I have read most of TR's 20+ volumes, I happen to be a historian. Have you? TR said this in 1898, he turned "progressive" in 1912, in any event that is irrelevant to the quote. Now go back and read some history. (PS if you think that TR would back the 'progressives' of today, you don't know him very well. After his presidency, in response to anarcho-leftist protest in NYC, he commented that if he had a handful of his Rough Riders with rifles, he could end these protests in no time.) And since when do conservative posters on this site cite the Huffington Post as an authority. Time to go back to school for remedial history, young man.
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago