Mitt Romney is catching a lot of flak for his surreptitiously recorded remarks about 47 percent of voters automatically being in the Obama column because they don’t pay federal income tax and thus see themselves as beneficiaries of big government.
Not quite. I think Romney raised an important issue, but he cited the wrong statistic and drew an unwarranted conclusion.
Here’s what I said to Neil Cavuto about the controversy.
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- On the dismissal of the Chris McDaniel challenge in Mississippi Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 18 hours ago