There's nothing intellectually challenging or unusual about poverty. For most of mankind's existence, his most optimistic scenario was to be able to eke out enough to subsist...
Democrats have, since slavery ended in America, worked diligently to keep the American black population in line and down with empty promises and poor education strategies. They have used the same tactic on the Hispanic population. Promise the moon for votes and immediately forget about them until the next election. The problem is that many, but not all, blacks and Hispanics, keep falling for the same old worn out Democrat tactic... The bright side is that many blacks and Hispanics have managed, in spite of Democrat push back, to obtain training and educations and have generally come over the believe in conservatism and reject the liberal progressive revisionist's flawed history of America and our leaders... In spite of the apparent gloom.
Here's a recent statement frequently suggested by leftist academics, think tank researchers and policymakers: "People were not just struggling because of their personal deficiencies. There were structural factors at play. People weren't poor because they made bad decisions. They were poor because our society creates poverty." Who made that statement and where it was made is not important at all, but its corrosive effects on the minds of black people, particularly black youths, are devastating.
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 21 minutes ago
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? jeffdunetz 1 hour ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 1 hour ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 3 hours ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago