There's nothing intellectually challenging or unusual about poverty. For most of mankind's existence, his most optimistic scenario was to be able to eke out enough to subsist...
Democrats have, since slavery ended in America, worked diligently to keep the American black population in line and down with empty promises and poor education strategies. They have used the same tactic on the Hispanic population. Promise the moon for votes and immediately forget about them until the next election. The problem is that many, but not all, blacks and Hispanics, keep falling for the same old worn out Democrat tactic... The bright side is that many blacks and Hispanics have managed, in spite of Democrat push back, to obtain training and educations and have generally come over the believe in conservatism and reject the liberal progressive revisionist's flawed history of America and our leaders... In spite of the apparent gloom.
Here's a recent statement frequently suggested by leftist academics, think tank researchers and policymakers: "People were not just struggling because of their personal deficiencies. There were structural factors at play. People weren't poor because they made bad decisions. They were poor because our society creates poverty." Who made that statement and where it was made is not important at all, but its corrosive effects on the minds of black people, particularly black youths, are devastating.
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 29 minutes ago
- Biofuels producers: No really, this is the year biofuels are going to take off, for serious Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Why not Mike Pence in 2016? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: That recent deceleration in healthcare spending? Yeah, that’s probably over Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- New Fox ensemble show to feature Townhall’s Katie Pavlich as contributor Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Surprise: Democrat-aligned groups vastly out-raising conservative counterparts in 2014 Guy Benson 3 hours ago