What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
Right on target Quintus, for more about the progressive pro-industry Lincolns See TRUE AMERICAN HISTORY at http://www.wix.com/albarrs/usandfamilyhistory
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 6 mins ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 46 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 12 hours ago