What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
Right on target Quintus, for more about the progressive pro-industry Lincolns See TRUE AMERICAN HISTORY at http://www.wix.com/albarrs/usandfamilyhistory
- Video: Oregon commission orders stop on using dead babies to generate power Ed Morrissey 10 minutes ago
- Bundy’s comments on race provide breaking point for Paul, Heller Ed Morrissey 57 minutes ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- FDA set to regulate e-cigs — and cigars, pipe tobacco Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Five dead in Ukraine clashes as Obama warns on sanctions Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago