What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
For accuracy RG just remember the new Republican Party was nothing like the Republican Party of today. Both have their problems but the Democrat Party is no better and much more repressive and anti-constitutional today...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 9 hours ago