What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
Lincoln was a staunch pro-industry Whig before he became a new Republican Party leader and operative. He was under northeastern industrialists' thumbs to use tariff and duty laws to extract huge amounts of funds from the highly successful agriculture states to pay for an American Industrial Revolution in the Northeast U.S. to control world commerce. The constitutional withdrawal of agriculture states stopped that effort and was why Lincoln unconstitutionally declared war on the agriculture states... That war was no "civil war" it was a tax war conceived and executed by Lincoln and Gen. Scott. See TRUE AMERICAN HISTORY at http://www.wix.com/albarrs/usandfamilyhistory
- Video: AFP launches ObamaCare attacks on four vulnerable Senate Dems Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago