What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
John, the First Battle of Bull Run resulted because Lincoln ordered Union military troops into Virginia to capture trains, transport Union troops to the new Confederate capital of Richmond, surround the capital and capture or kill all Confederate officials and politicians to end the Lincoln Tariff War before it began...they failed and Lincoln's poor decision making went on to cost over 620,000 young American lives, over one million casualties including 50,000 southern citizens needlessly killed with many more forcibly relocated. See TRUE AMERICAN HISTORY at http://www.wix.com/albarrs/usandfamilyhistory
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 4 hours ago