What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
John, the First Battle of Bull Run resulted because Lincoln ordered Union military troops into Virginia to capture trains, transport Union troops to the new Confederate capital of Richmond, surround the capital and capture or kill all Confederate officials and politicians to end the Lincoln Tariff War before it began...they failed and Lincoln's poor decision making went on to cost over 620,000 young American lives, over one million casualties including 50,000 southern citizens needlessly killed with many more forcibly relocated. See TRUE AMERICAN HISTORY at http://www.wix.com/albarrs/usandfamilyhistory
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago