What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
It is true that to the victor goes the history of warfare. However the leaders of the movement regarding Lincoln has been the liberal-progressive-socialist revisionist faction who hates independence and liberty for individuals. They want socialist government and socialist jurisprudence.
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago