The biggest problem is that the Constitution is not taught in schools except as a figment of the reveloution. It's importance is downgraded. I mean that people don't understand it and are too foolish to read it. Several months ago, I read that a school board decided , I believe, the tenth grade history should start with the year 1850s. Real smart people and the parents, none objected., so how can we expect anyone to understand if they are not exposed to it?
As the nation awaits the most anticipated Supreme Court decision in a generation, it’s worth pondering whether Americans’ life, liberty, and happiness are well served by devotion to a two century old document. Does the Constitution matter today? Could you explain why to a teenager?
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 48 mins ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago