The biggest problem is that the Constitution is not taught in schools except as a figment of the reveloution. It's importance is downgraded. I mean that people don't understand it and are too foolish to read it. Several months ago, I read that a school board decided , I believe, the tenth grade history should start with the year 1850s. Real smart people and the parents, none objected., so how can we expect anyone to understand if they are not exposed to it?
As the nation awaits the most anticipated Supreme Court decision in a generation, it’s worth pondering whether Americans’ life, liberty, and happiness are well served by devotion to a two century old document. Does the Constitution matter today? Could you explain why to a teenager?
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 3 minutes ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 42 minutes ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 3 hours ago